Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homemade Bath Melt

While I love LUSH, I can't always (at all) afford their products (where the bath products are comparatively cheap to their other products!)

So today I made my own bath melt, based entirely on products I had at home. Mix together:
-1 tsp olive oil
-1 C milk
-1 tsp vanilla
-splash (1 tbsp?) of lemon juice
-1/4 cup baking soda

Mix together (the lemon juice and baking soda will react, just like the 'volcano' you made when you were 8 :). Pour in bath and enjoy. Your skin will feel amazing!

Note - most recipes for bath products call for citric acid. I didn't have this, so I used the lemon juice. Citric acid would keep the product stable until you are ready to use it - no reaction until you add the bath water!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I also love LUSH, but making these could be fun, would help the budget and could make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete